Monday, May 9, 2011

No doubt about it!

So, Mother's Day weekend was packed full of annoyances and frustrations galore, but luckily I survived without causing bodily harm to anyone :) This morning, I got up came to work and almost breathed in a huge breath of relief, knowing that the weekend was behind me and another busy week lies ahead. I am one of those mom's who can't seem to find a minute to sit still, unless it's late at night when the world sleeps. I heap more and more onto my plate and though it can be frustrating at times, I find it fulfilling too. Yeah, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.

But, I just had a very wonderful reminder of why I put forth the effort. I am involved with a non-profit organization. This organization is so incredibly dear to my heart and though my role is one of the behind the scenes, it means the world to me. This year, our annual fund raiser was almost canceled for one reason or another. Then, a few weeks ago, a major contributor (a large medical foundation in our area) pulled through to sponsor our event. With little time to plan, I wasn't sure if it was going to happen. It didn't look as though our turnout was going to be worth it, but my oh my how the winds turn. Our attendance all of the sudden sky rocketed and now we are going to be able to provide for more families and are even giving a family a car at our event. I am not the most radical christian that one would ever come across, but when things like that; unreal, spectacular things occur, how can one not be thankful and and recognize the faithfulness of God. I am so small in the overall scheme of things and feel so amazingly grateful for the goodness and mercy of a higher power that sees the hearts of those little people and comes through, again and again! I'm sitting here literally amazed and fighting back tears that a plan has come together and more hurting families will be blessed because of it! This day is turning out to be just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment