Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Confusion sinks in

So everyone knows that old saying that the only thing constant in life is change. Of course, I know this to be true and usually.... USUALLY change just makes me do nothing other than say "ummm okay". It's funny, but I have been working for my current boss for over 3 years now; 3 years that have been challenging and have allowed me to grow a lot as a person. Now, there are different opportunities in front of me, which will lead me away from my amazing boss, but you know that sense you get when something is just right? Yeah, that's what I've got. Recently, our timeline of me switching gears got moved back a few weeks and almost sent me into a full on freak out. At first, I was almost willing to fight for my current job and to do what I have to stick with it. But here's the thing, I then realized what it was that I will be walking away from. I will be leaving behind this constant feeling of need to be in a "go mode", the anxiety that comes with worrying over things not being perfect, and the aggravation of seeing people who make more than I do doing so much less than me. Don't get me wrong, like I said, my current boss is the best I've ever had the joy of working with, but I believe that change is imminent and is what you make of it. As I sit and think about the work atmosphere I will find myself in soon, I always smile just a bit. I won't feel leashed to my cell phone at all times of the day. I will know that on my days off, they will truly be days off... no calls, texts, emails, or other things causing me stress. Of course, the new boss isn't perfect either, but I'm thinking this will be a change for the better for both of us. I need to find the time that I've lost where you feel like you can actually breathe when you're in the office. For weeks now, I've been like the cartoon Tasmanian devil whipping through the office at high rates of speed and snarling in the process. THAT IS NOT ME! That's not who I am, and I'm ready to let the real me shine through again. Thus change is a good thing. Will the change come with new problems of its own? Absolutely, but new problems, are just new challenges to overcome and with fresh eyes and an attitude adjustment, I think things will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment