Monday, April 5, 2010

Aaaaannnnnnnnd We're Off

So, I needed a place where I can go to get my thoughts out. Somewhere that's mine & so here we are.... a blog. Seems like everyone has one these days & they do. There are blogs for everything. Mine though, it's just for me- My sanity I guess. I'm a 30 year old, married, mom of 3 who works full time, is always on the go, & never seems to be able to have the time to find my own voice because I'm too busy taking care of everything & everyone around me. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because I honestly wouldn't trade my life for anything, but I needed something that's just mine; a place for me to be alone with my thoughts, because as all mother's know, that's impossible to do, even in your own bathroom. So, here I sit. Feeling a small sigh of relief that I can speak my mind and don't have to think about it twice. I don't expect anyone to read this & am perfectly fine if they don't. But in the event someone does stumble upon my little piece of this cyber world here's some info on me:

I turned 30 this year and have to say that I did so with grace. I'm not one of those people who dreads age and stays up at night contemplating the things I've missed out on or counting the things I should have done by the time I was 30. Growing up in life, I wanted few things. I wanted to be married and more than anything to be a mom and that's exactly where life has taken me. I have 3 very great kids, but wow do they know how to make you want to climb the walls. They bring me a lot of joy but right alongside of that joy is aggrivation, exhaustion, and frustration. We all experience it, I'm just not ashamed to admit it. I've been married for going on 12 years. Is he perfect? NOPE! Nor is our marriage, but most days it works for us. From the outside looking in, we probably seem extremely boring and average, but that's ok with me. I guess 12 years of being married and even moreso, being with the same guy since you were 16 is no small accomplishment these days. We have our days where we want to choke one another, but I try my best just to see it as another bump in our road in life. I look back and see a road filled with potholes, cracks, crashes, and some pretty huge detours, but here we are, still moving along. I work in a job that I only said would be short term. I've been here 10 years and have to say that I am finally in a place where I'm happy. I actually have one of those bosses that everyone wants to have. Ya know the type; understanding, appreciative, supportive, etc. I had to kiss a lot of toads to get here, but here I am content.
Content; not the easiest destination to arrive at, and not somewhere we stay very long, but I'll enjoy my stay while I'm here.
So, that's it in a nutshell. Nothing to make you really bat an eye at. Just me.

1 comment: